The team behind the highly anticipated sci-fi trading card game, Parallel, has unveiled the first beta update on August 29, patch 0.21, that promises several changes and improvements in the game’s mechanics. The update comes as a part of the game’s ongoing beta release where collectors of the non-fungible trading cards have full ownership of their cards and other in-game items.
Parallel’s designers, Kohji & Connagh, discussed in detail about the first patch and what players can expect in the upcoming versions of the game. Here is a concise breakdown of the patch notes:
- Card Ability and Number Adjustments: Various adjustments have been made to balance the gameplay, affecting different cards across all factions (Augencore, Earthen, Kathari, Marcolian, Shroud, and Universal).
- New Missions: Additional missions are introduced, expanding the gameplay experience.
- UI/UX Improvements: Enhancements have been made to the user interface and user experience, providing a smoother gaming experience.
- Bug Fixes: Numerous bugs have been fixed to ensure a seamless gaming experience.
- Card Display Upgrades: The display of card type drawer on the play field has been upgraded.
- New Card Backs: Comic 2 card backs have been added, with plans to introduce all remaining ones soon.
- Card Differentiation: FE/SE cards will now have clear differentiating factors.
Detailed Card Ability Changes
- Changes made to several cards including Arak, Combat Overseer, Enhanced Blueprints, and Jury-Rigged Juggernaut to balance higher impact turns.
- Revitalising Growth and other cards have been updated to increase the strength of the Earthen archetype.
- Several card adjustments including Scipius’ Adjutant, and Cunning Scipian to fine-tune the performance of Kathari faction.
- A few cards like Ruthless Sergeant and Supply Drop have received stat increases to improve their performance in both Rookie and Ranked modes.
- Minor adjustments have been made to cards like Shepherd of the Fallen and Dark Dealings to maintain a balanced performance in Rookie mode and Ranked decks.
- Artifact Appraiser and Seer’s Stone have seen changes to harmonize with the changes made in individual factions.
Several bugs have been addressed including:
- Updates to card prompt text to match current functionality.
- Fixes to end of turn effects and Decay triggers.
- Improved friend request management.
- And many others aiming to remove various gameplay glitches.
Players are urged to read the complete patch notes to understand all the nuanced changes. The Parallel team looks forward to feedback on the beta update as they continue to fine-tune the game mechanics for a fully immersive gaming experience. Stay tuned for further updates as Parallel moves forward in its development journey.